1. I am interested in viewing a property what do I do? - Please contact us by email, this can be done on the property page of the property that you would like to view. If you would like to check that we have received your email you can do so by contact us on 01458 898008. We will respond to your email with a number of questions as part of the application process, once you have rec to arrange a viewing as soon as possible or message us via our contact page
2. I work during office hours do you do out of hours viewings? - We recognise that you may not want to take time off work to view a property and in such cases we do offer out of hours viewings - please contact us to arrange a suitable appointment.
3. I am interested in renting a property what do I need to do? - You will need to pay a holding deposit to reserve the property, this will hold the property for you whilst credit and reference checks take place. We do reserve the right to continue to conduct viewings, just in case, but no further holding deposits are taken.
4. How much are your fees? - Initial fees are as follows:
Holding Deposit that is equivalent to one weeks rent (Monthly Rent x 12/52)
First Month's Rent
Security Deposit of five weeks rent
A full list of our current fees are available - Please click here
5. What is and how much is a Holding Deposit? - A holding deposit is an initial payment to hold the property whilst credit checks and referencing is undertaken. It is your commitment to rent the property. We normally take a payment of the equivalent of one weeks rent.
6. Are you a member of a Client Money Protection Scheme and a Property Redress Scheme? - Client Money Protection - Busybee Lettings is a member of Safeagent, all safeagent accredited firms are part of a Client Money Protection (CMP) Scheme which offers recompense to tenants and landlords of rent, unprotected deposits or other client funds in the event that monies have been misappropriated or fraudulently used by a safeagent firm. https://www.safeagents.co.uk
To view the certificates please click on them.
Busybee Lettings is a member of The Property Ombudsman Redress Scheme https://www.tpos.co.uk
7. What does the Credit/Reference process involve? - Once a holding deposit has been paid you will be invited to complete an application, this can be done online or via a paper application. The process involves an identity check, residency check, Credit Check, landlord reference (if applicable), employment/income confirmation and an affordability check.
8. I am not sure about my credit rating is there anyone that I can talk to before proceeding? - Yes, contact us and we will be happy to advise. We find in most cases, that people have nothing to worry about but where there may be a problem we will advise and may be able to offer a solution. Our advice is if you have any concerns to speak to us before you pay the holding deposit and before any costs are incurred.
9. What happens if I need a Guarantor? - If a Guarantor is required we will need to carry out a Credit/Reference check on them to ensure that they earn/receive a sufficient income and that they have an acceptable credit history/rating. They will also need to be prepared to sign a guarantor agreement.
10. How long does the Credit/Reference process take? - Most of our references are completed within 5 working days but delays can occur when dealing with third parties. The referencing agent and ourselves will advise should someone be holding the process up and you may be contacted for your assistance.
11. What happens if I fail the Credit/Reference process? - If it is due to something that you have been dishonest about when the holding deposit was taken and it is so serious that the landlord decides not to grant the tenancy you will lose the holding deposit.
12. Once the credit reference process is completed how long before I can move in to the my new home? - Once the credit/reference process has been completed then we will confirm the tenancy start date, send out tenancy documents to be signed and arrange a time for check in at the property.
13. What happens if I change my mind? - Please speak with us if this is the case, in most cases your holding deposit will be forfeited.